The God of Resurrection Hope!
Topic: Easter Sunday Passage: Ezekiel 37:1–14
What confronts the hopelessness in our world and in our lives? What can we hope in when we are facing death? When we realize the seriousness of our hopelessness we are confronted by the God of resurrection hope! Jesus has conquered death and is risen! In Christ alone, we have certain hope of resurrection! We will look at Ezekiel 37 this morning.
You can click on the song to sing along to the YouTube version.
- See What A Morning | At dawn is announced, He is risen! Therefore, hope has dawned too! Let us sing, For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today | With the apostle Paul, we mock death with certain hope of Jesus' resurrection and therefore our resurrection. Where O death is they sting?
- In Christ Alone | Light of the world by darkness slain, Then bursting forth in glorious day, Up from the grave He rose again, And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me!
- Low in the Grave He Lay | Death cannot keep his prey, Jesus tore the bars away! And He now lives with His saints to reign.
- Open in prayer. Pray that God would bless those who have gathered in your home as you sing his praises, read his word, and listen to the sermon.
- Sing the first three songs above.
- Watch the sermon video of Ezekiel 37.
- Respond to the sermon in prayer. Ask if there are any prayer requests and pray for these accordingly.
- Sing the closing song: Low in the Grave He Lay.
- Close in prayer.
QUESTIONS TO PONDER:
- Are there times or areas in your life you feel hopeless? Do you feel like you are too far gone?
- How does the God of resurrection hope confront your hopelessness (Ezekiel 37:11-14)?
- How does the certainty of your future hope in Jesus' resurrection change your future? How does your ultimate destiny in Christ change your present? As in, if God has taken care of the most important matters of your life, then why worry as if this life is all there is?