How Long, O LORD?
Topic: Psalms of Lament Passage: Psalm 13:1–6
What do you do when you are deeply distressed? When you enter the dark night of the soul, how do you manage? 1 out of 3 psalms address this issue - they are lament psalms. Biblical lament is the honest cry of a hurting heart wrestling with the paradox of pain and the promise of God’s goodness. This Sunday we look at Psalm 13.
Click on the song to sing along to the YouTube version.
Shine Into Our Night | Prelude
How Great Thou Art | He bled and died to take away my sin!
There is A Fountain Filled with Blood | The blood was drawn from Immanuel's veins!
Be Still, My Soul | My God undertakes to guide the future surely as the past.
He Will Hold Me Fast | He will hold me fast, for my Saviour loves me so.
- The prelude is there to listen to as you prepare to worship.
- Open in prayer. Pray that God would bless those who have gathered in your home as you sing his praises, read his word, and listen to the sermon.
- Sing the first three songs above.
- Watch the sermon video of Psalm 13.
- Respond to the sermon in prayer. Ask if there are any prayer requests and pray for these accordingly.
- Sing the closing song: He Will Hold Me Fast.
- Close in prayer.