Church Unity through Humility: Christ's Mindset
Topic: Default Passage: Philippians 2:1–2:11
The apostle Paul calls the church to show off the value of the Gospel (Philippians 1:27). And the way to attain church unity (Philippians 2:1-2) is through humility (Philippians 2:3-4). And Paul effects this change in the church by pointing them (and us) to the willing and voluntary humiliation of Christ. This Sunday, we dive into Philippians 2:1-11.
Click on the song to sing along to the YouTube version.
- The Look | Prelude: this is a hymn to read and listen to and meditate on the lyrics to help prepare your heart to prayerfully sing.
- Jerusalem | Music Sheet
- Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted
- Hallelujah, What a Saviour!
- Open in prayer. Pray that God would bless those who have gathered in your home as you sing his praises, read his word, and listen to the sermon.
- Sing the first two songs above.
- Watch the sermon video of Philippians 2:1-11.
- Respond to the sermon in prayer. Ask if there are any prayer requests and pray for these accordingly.
- Sing the closing song: Hallelujah, What a Saviour!
- Close in prayer.