There is Power in the Blood
Passage: Hebrews 9,
To watch the 11 am live-stream, please click HERE
The audience of Hebrews is shrinking back from their public confession of Christ and they are tempted to abandon Christ! So, the preacher of Hebrews is anchoring their souls in the supremacy of Christ (chapters 4-10). He has argued that Jesus' priesthood is better (4-7) but now in chapters 8-10, he argues Jesus' sacrifice is better! Underneath their desire to abandon Christ, underneath their longing to turn away from Christ is the fact that they are not doctrinally and devotionally secure. Ultimately, they don't know what the cross of Christ accomplished? Do you? This morning, may we be confident in what Christ has accomplished for us!
- Blessed Assurance | Lyrics
- It Is Well | My sin, not in part, but the whole is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more!
- Before the Throne of God Above | Who made an end of all my sin!
- There is the Power in the Blood | Hebrews 9
- There Is a Fountain Filled with Blood | Lyrics
- Open in prayer.
- Sing the first three songs above.
- Watch the sermon video of Hebrews 9.
- Respond to the sermon in prayer. Ask if there are any prayer requests and pray accordingly.
- Sing the closing song: There Is a Fountain Filled with Blood.
- Close in prayer.