(Adopted by the congregation October 28, 2018)
Having been brought by God’s sovereign grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in dependence upon His Spirit, resolve to live by faith, and so establish our covenant with each other.
- In all we do, we will aim to glorify and enjoy the God of our salvation, from whom and through whom and to whom are all things: to Him be all glory forever! (1 Cor. 10:31; Rom. 11:36)
- We will eagerly work and pray to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace by walking together in love and in the Spirit and by putting away all bitterness, anger, and injurious speech. (Eph. 4:3; Gal. 5:16, 25; Eph. 4:29, 31)
- We will be devoted to one another in brotherly love. With humility and gentleness we will patiently bear with each other, be kind to one another, forgive each other, even as God, for Christ’s sake, has forgiven us; we will encourage and build one another up, exercising watchfulness over each other and admonishing one another when necessary. (Eph. 4:1-2, Eph. 4:32-5:2; Luke 17:3; Col 3:13; 1 Thes 5:11; 1 Pet 1:22)
- We will carry each other’s burdens, rejoicing with those who rejoice and weeping with those who weep. (Gal. 6:2; Rom. 12:15)
- We will not neglect to gather together, or to pray for ourselves and others. (Col 4:2; Heb 10:25)
- We promise to bring up our children and youth in the training and instruction of the Lord, and by a pure and loving example to seek the salvation of our family and friends. (Eph 6:4; 1 Pet 3:1)
- We will seek, by God’s help, to live carefully in this world, denying ungodliness and worldly passions. We will strive to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, as we wait for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ. (Titus 2:12; 1 Pet 1:14)
- We will defend and maintain an evangelical ministry in this church by supporting and upholding:
- The preaching of the Word of God (2 Tim 4:2)
- The administration of the Gospel Ordinances (baptism and the Lord’s Supper) (Acts 2:38; 1 Cor 11:26)
- The exercise of Church discipline (Matt 18:17; 1 Cor 5:13)
- We will contribute cheerfully, generously and regularly to the support of this church’s ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations. (Matt 28:19; Luke 12:33; 2 Cor 9:7)
- We will, when we move from this place, as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen. (2 Cor 13:14)