God's Triumph through Resurrection, Weakness & Suffering
May 16, 2020 Series: Daniel | Behold Our God
Passage: Daniel 12
God reigns over everything! But we live in a world which hurts and we hurt too! So, how will God triumph over evil? We have seen conflict in heaven (chapter 10) which corresponds to the conflict on earth (11), so how will God triumph? God triumphs over evil and vindicates His people through resurrection! And the wise will persevere, understanding God triumphs through our weakness and suffering. This Sunday, we finish our series in Daniel 12.
Click on the song to sing along to the YouTube version.
- Call to Worship | Psalm 56:8
- Ancient of Days | We need not fear, our God is the Ancient of Days!
- Behold Our God | Who has felt the nails upon His hands, bearing all the guilt of sinful man? God eternal humbled to the grave, Jesus, Saviour risen now to reign!
- Stricken, Smitten & Afflicted | None shall be confounded, Who on Him their hope have built.
- It Is Well With My Soul | My sin, O the bliss, of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole is named to the cross, and I bear it no more! Praise the Lord!!
- Open in prayer. Pray that God would bless those who have gathered in your home as you sing his praises, read his word, and listen to the sermon.
- Sing the first three songs above.
- Watch the sermon video of Daniel 12.
- Respond to the sermon in prayer. Ask if there are any prayer requests and pray for these accordingly.
- Sing the closing song: It Is Well With My Soul.
- Close in prayer.
More in Daniel | Behold Our God
May 10, 2020Knowing God: Standing Firm to the End
April 5, 2020Your Kingdom Come!
March 28, 2020Praying for the End of the Exile